- Education, Training & Beginners Course Officer to be Marian Whittaker. She agreed to be responsible for future Beginners Courses, continued mentoring and support afterwards and future BBKA exams.
- Meetings Officer - Andrew Copley agreed to take on this role with responsibility to arrange Hall bookings for beginner’s course and winter meetings, Apiary and winter meetings content, Honey social and AGM. He would also produce an annual Members Programme for distribution.
- Public Events Officer - will be Robin Moore. Each ‘Meet the Public’ event to have one co-ordinator responsible for arranging volunteer helpers and stand content.
- Apiary Management Officer - Richard Peterson agreed to take on this role with overall responsibility to committee for Prae Wood, Oaklands and any future apiaries. Sub-committees to be set up.
- Web Site Officer - Andrew Copley agreed to continue in this role.
Chairman - Eileen Remnant
Treasurer - John Garbutt
Secretary - Christine Aitken
Committee re-elected were: Marian Whittaker, Andrew Copley and Robin Moore (in his absence). Other committee members are Luke Adams, Richard Peterson and David Brown. The meeting concluded with an excellent wine and cheese social.
Please note change of date Apiary Clean-up Day is Sunday 27th March (so as not to clash with the Herts. BKA AGM) We meet at Prae Wood Apiary for a 10am - 12pm session. Following on from the hedge planting working party earlier in the month it is planned to clear new areas where we can site the returning hives. This will be a large task so plenty of volunteers please. The Oaklands Apiary session is from 10am - 12pm.
Reminder Hertfordshire B.K.A. Annual General Meeting on Saturday 26th March at Tewin Memorial Hall 11.00 am to 5.00 pm